Friday, December 17, 2010

What's Your Favorite...

I love polls. Well, I love some polls. I'm not a big fan of political polls or product polls or marketing polls. Which, now that I think about it, is most polls. So maybe I don't really love polls at all. Hmm...

Ok - let me start over. I love polls that I create and that fans get to take. How's that? The idea is not as far-reaching, but much more accurate and truthful.

Over the last few weeks, I've created a couple of polls. The first one stars the wolfish heroes of my books, asking which of four Lycans was their favorite. The second poll features the five witches of the Còig and asks readers which witch's power they'd most like to have. Now I don't want to influence anyone's answers, but it's always a little surprising to me when I periodically check the results. I usually find that my preferences, as far as wolfish men and witchy powers goes, is fairly different than those of my readers.

Something about that strikes me as strange, especially as I've created the characters. I just assume my favorites would come through in the books and readers would feel the same way. I guess it's a good thing really, that not everyone feels the same way I do. At least I know that all the characters have core group of fans.

So now, it's your turn to have your opinion heard. (Though I can't possibly reveal my answers - I'm dying to know what yours are.)

Westfield Brothers Series - Which noble Lycan is your favorite?

The Còig Witches - Which witch would you like to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment